To promote growth, stabilization and advancement of communities by using diverse sustainable solutions and strategies, thereby enhancing and maintaining healthy and vibrant citizens.
To be the leading organization that stimulates transformational change in the lives of people residing in the communities we serve.
We believe that the problems people face can either start from the home and grow into the community, or start from the community and branch into the home.
We believe that a stable community will attract stable families, and that stable families will build a stable community.
An empowered youth is a tool for the development of the community.
We believe that sustainability is a commitment between the for profit, nonprofit and private sectors.
We believe that valuable educational opportunities create meaningful jobs.
A healthy, safer community provides the opportunity for businesses to thrive.
The growth of small businesses will bring about economic viability within the South Shore community and beyond.
The United South Shore Community Development Corporation (USSCDC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded in Brockton, MA in 2014. USSCDC was founded to help support low income communities along the South Shore of Massachusetts. Our work is in response to the high needs we have seen in these communities, needs that stem from serious concerns for the at-risk youth who grow up in these environments, including poor quality education, teen pregnancy, gang violence, and drug use.
Brockton and its surrounding cities were once thriving and industrious New England communities. Through our comprehensive programming in Suffolk, Norfolk, and Bristol counties, we hope to reinvigorate these areas and lessen the prevalence of poverty, domestic violence, abuse, crime, and social insecurity by helping families who are predominantly low income and/or below the poverty line. Through this work, our ultimate goal is to develop the communities in the South Shore and beyond.
Q: Is The United South Shore Community Development Corporation (USSCDC) a nonprofit organization?
A: Yes. USSCDC received our official nonprofit status in September 2014.
Q: Who does USSCDC serve?
A: We offer support for low income families on the South Shore of Massachusettes through a combination of community outreach and in and after school programming.
Q: What programs does USSCDC offer?
A: We offer several programs for youth and families. Please visit our PROGRAMS AND SERVICES tab for detailed descriptions of our current offerings.
Q: How can I support USSCDC?
A: For more information, please visit our GET INVOLVED tab. We are extremely grateful to our regular donors and volunteers, and we are constantly looking for new supporters who are committed to helping us achieve our goals.
USSCDC is a community driven, volunteer powered nonprofit organization that relies on the support of compassionate people willing to get involved to support the poor and working poor on the South Shore. We are actively looking for support in the following areas, and we look forward to collaborating as we continue to grow our mission:
• Fund Raisers. USSCDC is proud to offer a comprehensive range of programs, but consistent financial support is critical in order to build a sustainable organization. We are looking for talented fund raisers willing to donate their time to help us identify potential donors and secure pledges from individuals and businesses in the community.
• Social Workers. Our work is devoted to increasing access to opportunity and alleviating many of the chronic problems that plague low income communities on the South Shore. We welcome the support of licensed social workers to volunteer in our programs.
• Psychologists. The youth we work with have often experienced trauma and have difficulty expressing themselves. We welcome the partnership of mental health professionals who can help us improve our approach and help make our mentorship and enrichment programs as safe and therapeutic as possible.
• Case Managers. Our case managers help keep track of the highly mobile youth that we serve and stay focused on the positive outcomes. We are always in need of dedicated case managers willing to volunteer their time to support the mission of USSCDC.
• YOU! Our needs at USSCDC are varied and constantly changing. If you are a teacher, a clergy member, or simply an everyday caring citizen who wants to make a difference, we may have a volunteer opportunity available for you.
Please contact us using our Volunteer Form. Thanks in advance for getting involved with USSCDC!
Mass 211, Medical help, Veteran Services, Mass 211, DTA, Info@USSCDC.org
Our regular donors are the true heroes of USSCDC; without them, we simply could not do much of this necessary work. If you’re interested in supporting USSCDC, we invite you to consider joining this cadre of USSCDC heroes!
Making a regular monthly contribution is a simple and powerful way to show your consistent support for our efforts to rebuild community, independence, and empowerment among at risk, low income families on the South Shore. Consistent donations give us a guaranteed funding stream that we can use in direct service to the youth and families we serve. By investing even a small amount each month, you allow our volunteer led nonprofit organization to focus on planning, developing, and improving our program offerings.
A 501(c)3 organization, all contributions are totally tax-deductible. To learn more about how you can become a monthly supporter, please contact us today.
At USSCDC, we rely on our donors to help us do the vital, necessary work of providing access to opportunity and empowerment in low income communities. A donation to USSCDC will support a child in need, but it will also help rebuild an entire community. We believe in the power of human investment and that’s why our focus is on connecting people to educational, vocational, and financial resources. A donation today will help us provide better programming tomorrow; better programming tomorrow means a stronger child and a stronger family unit. Through the strengthening of individuals and families, our work will eventually spread to the larger community, with more community owned business, more financial responsibility, and greater social accountability.
Want to learn more? Please explore our website to learn about the programs we offer and our commitment to empowering the communities we serve.
Ready to donate? We thank you in advance for your support, and we look forward to working together to build stronger communities on the South Shore.